Some common statements that may indicate a hearing problems in yourself or a family member:
- Why does everyone mumble these days?
- I cannot understand movies on TV, especially when there is an accent.
- I feel embarrassed at family gatherings when I have to ask people to repeat themselves constantly,
- No dad, that’s not what I said, listen to me!
- I cannot understand my wife/ husband in a restaurant environment or when there is any background noise.
- The teacher tells me that my child is not following instructions at school.
- My child has not passed the hearing screening assessment at school.
- I just can’t tell if my daughter is not hearing me or is ignoring me.